Thursday, August 26, 2010

FBM

I Love My Bicycle from Least Most on Vimeo.



As a kid I got interested in bikes the same way as a lot of other kids. My dad owned a bunch of motorcycles and I always thought that was the coolest thing ever. I couldn't really relate to his British motorcycle fetish, but I still knew that I wanted to ride a motorcycle. Then one day I saw motocross on tv and decided THAT was the coolest thing ever,and or once it was something I felt like I could understand. I started zipping back and forth up and down our gravel driveway as fast as I could trying to catch air over puddles.

Slowly I started losing interest in motocross and learning more about BMX. I got a Schwinn Powermatic Pro BMX for Christmas gave up on watching motocross and started having my dad tape BMX comps on tv as often as he could so I could watch them over and over. I started oggling over parts and clothes in Dans Comp and one company stood out to me as a the most bad ass company around. That was FBM. I recognized the fonts from the punk and hardcore music I was listening to and for once I saw something I could totally understand. Through pretty much nothing but their t-shirts and a couple videos(ALBERT ST!) they shaped my perception of what riding a bike should be like and what living a life around your bike could be like.

All that said it's awesome that FBM put this video up for free, and it deffinetly reignited my desire for that new Gypsy frame.



'nuff said.

No comments: