Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fail!

Last night I was riding home from work when on the top of Bracket hill I heard a small crack sound. All of the sudden my bike felt kind of mushy like maybe I had gotten a flat. I figured fuck it, the tire is trashed anyway I would ride to the bottom of Bracket hill and check it out at the bottom. About half way down the hill I heard a piece of metal shooting off my bike and flying across the blacktop. I stopped right away to scope out my bike to see what happened and everything looked alright until I got to my saddle when I discovered...




The left rail had busted off clean behind the seat post and shot across the blacktop. I turned around and found the chunk of metal threw it in my pocket and headed home. I'm super bummed because I loved this saddle, but it was on it's way out a while ago and I think this was a fitting death, I would rather see it decimated than just worn out.
And this thing was pretty freaking worn out...As near as I can tell this is the stock saddle that came on the 84' Miyata which is as close as I can place mine which means this saddle has a good 26 years of riding before finally breaking. RIP

P.S. This site. Has everything you would want to know about Miyatas on it. I only wish that the one I found had more stock parts when I found it perhaps I would have attempted to build it up. I will tell you that I love almost everything about these bikes though, and looking through the old catalogs makes me want to hunt them down bad, if only I had the money...




1 comment:

Rach said...

Ooh that's a bummer. Would you mind checkin out my blog and posting a comment on what you think? IT's a little out there but it will probably make you laugh. It's nycdreamwriter.blogspot.com