Monday, March 23, 2009

Bikehouse

It has been a crazy week or so. I moved in with Andy at the newest hottest best bike house in town, worked a ton, and rode my bike a whole bunch every chance I got. That is my week in the broadest sense. You want specifics? I will give you specifics!

I took the rack off my bike.

I put fenders on (they are tied on with bike tubes, NJS approved)

Chris and I shred the gnar at Kristophs mini-ramp. (I use the term "Shred gnar" very liberally and it can often be used interchangibly with "fell down and hurt my shin")

Thursday night ride was big time party people fun times with a campfire at Mt. Simon.

A fry and burger machine was installed behind the couch at 1029. The Hi-C machine is broken.

We hung out under a bridge and ate baked goods. Derik is a banana cake hog. Our feet are like hooves. The King called and was upset with tardiness. I ama hypocrite for claiming to be punctual.

A new phenomona known as "extreme locking" has swept the EC cycling community. Despite ridicule by some, it turns out that a properly executed "fakie, upside-down double dutch lock" can make or break a bike ride.

Many 40s were drank on the banks of the mighty roaring Chippewa.

I watched someone get their feet tattooed.

I moved 3000 records by myself, I am strong.

And a bunch of other stuff happened that kept me busy all week without allowing me to do things I should have done(the classic eating fallafal and beer vs. reading Sun Chief and doing research, dilema). And on top of that it looks like the rest of this month is gong to be equally as crazy. And while my academic carreer may be at stake I am sure things will go as smoothly as one could possibly anticipate.

Anyway, I promise there will be pictures and stories and all sorts of fun things next time I post. But mos timportantly this Thursday is the Thursday Night Spring Formal. Dress nice, and be ready for a rollicking good time. I know it is supposed to get cold, but do not let that lessen the formality of the event. Pipe smoking, fine wines, and tweed are encouraged.

No comments: