Tuesday, June 24, 2008



I don't know wether or not my angst was warented, but yesterday was pretty awful. I found out that my ex was moving to LA. I don't know why that bums me out as much as it does, but for some reason I can't help but be a little pissed about it. I guess it's just the fact that I hate it when people move away. Im a pretty strongly rooted person, so when friends or familey move I can't help but think about how I'm still stuck in the same place. I love this city, but sometimes every opne feels like they need to get out, and it sucks when they take off. i also can't help but feel there is some small part in me that drove her to move. I know that I am not that toxioc of a person that I drive women to move across the country to get away from me, but as unwarented as the feeling is, it's there. Other than that things have been alright. Lots of bikes and hanging out. Still no job, and Im not eager to find one. yesterday thomas finished his new fixed gear so we spent alot of time dicking around, and eventually ended up at the Joynt with Cayla. My bitching payed off and she bought us shots and beer. We sprinted to Stave and hoop to get a 12pack before it closed. You know that you've reached an awkward point in your life when you find yourself sprinting to a liquor store. We went and saw some Kung Fu movie. Cayala took off and we rode to the top of the civic center and talked to a computer programmer for HP who was in town for the week. It kind of put alot of things into perspective. He talked about how every single week he was ain a new town living in hotels. The only time he spent at home was a couple days on the weekend. It made me think alot about travel and how as much as I envy people who travel alot there are only a few reasons people do it. 1. Work 2. friends/familey 3. Sightseeing. outside of those reasons is reason 4. Running away. I guess I can't really talk shit about anyone for running away from stress and problems but i also feel like it's just a cheap way to write off your friends and respoinsibilities. I've just been trying to keep on the bright side and realize that there is alot of summer left, and alot of good things yet to be done right here.



Other shit.


I added Chris z's flikr to the links. Chris is leaving for madison soon so every one come to the Thursday night ride and buy him drinks. Serioously, lets make this an awesome ride. Chris is a really awesome person and he'll be missed around here, lets give him some good memories. The last couple of thursadays have been intense and last week Cayla even got hooked up with a new bike. Good graces are falling like raindrops.


I put 700x28cs on my fixed gear, it rules.


Ghost mice is playing the cities on the 29 and alkaline trio(yes, i like alkaline trio) the 30th so I will be up there thos two days.


it's super nice out so you should be riding your bike right now.

No comments: